Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Internship



Through the Youth Summer Program , I was offered employment for an internship at the Department of Health laboratory division as an IT trainee. Worked started on Thursday July 1st.

It's really exciting! I've already been briefed on a host of topics that concern the Department of Health. Moreover, I've learned that there are quite a few things that the computer technology can do to help the government. I'm been given a project to create an application processing requests that would have otherwise been processed through paper channels.

A lot of this project has to do with database management and website development. I'm certainly going to have to refresh my knowledge of SQL. It's been a year since I last worked on creating a database. It looks like this summer is going to be a busy time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment