Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A peek at other peoples code.

I was able to review another group's project code and see what they had done. It was very interesting to actually examine all they had accomplished. It made me even more determined to improve my group's work and get coding!

There are a lot of different details to consider when reviewing a project. My professor very eloquently wrote the list for it in his website. These are the main points.

  • The build
  • System Usage
  • Javadocs
  • Naming conventions
  • Testing
  • Package design
  • Class design
  • Method design
  • Overall feel and look of implementation
  • Documentation
  • Software ICU data
  • Issues management
  • Continuous integration
Take a look at the review I wrote based on these criteria. Link.

I felt that Ecologineers' web application was at the brink of success. This group has done good. They managed to produce a web application that worked. Although they need to polish their implementation and their user interface, they're on their way to creating a solid application.

No comments:

Post a Comment