Sunday, November 8, 2009

A review of my peers program

Now that my partner and I have built a client, it's also important to review the source code of our peers. Our assignment was to review how well it meets development standards. Their WattDepot client should be similar to our own client. Last week we were tasked with implementing a command line program that worked to provide information using the WattDepot project servers. This simulation of Oahu's power grid was meant to challenge our skills and teach us new practices. Now we're at the review stage, the new objective is to reflect on our project as well as look at our peers product and determine the quality of it.

The standards I try to compare against is laid out on my professors page for ICS 413. Link
These are the two projects I reviewed. The link to the review is below.
WattDepot-Cli-Elua
WattDepot-Cli-Eha

I found that the client for Elua worked for the most part, but wasn't very refined. There are still a few things to be worked out in order for the user to easily use the commands.

Eha on the other hand is not a optimal build. In my opinion, the source code could be drastically rewritten in order to give the program room to expand. At this point it looks like spaghetti code.

No comments:

Post a Comment