Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 14: Solar Energy Idea


To educate students in the University of Hawaii about energy conservation we're creating a competition to encourage lower usage of electricity..

Our professor has proposed a idea for the new video we will be working on. It will be about Solar Energy. This new video project will need us to interview people, and gather information to for the video. Unlike our last video, where we just created our rules for energy pong, we thought this video will require outside sources of information. I had some work done this week specifically in research. I learned a lot about relying on outside sources. So far I've sent out two emails out to the Shidler College of Business Building and Saunders Hall and one came back with some information, but it has been hard to try to contact people to respond to your requests.

The basis of this video is about the present infrastructure of Solar Technology in UH today and what Solar Energy is. It occurs to me now that more than ever, we need to emphasize that Hawaii is a great place for solar energy technology. Even if we can't get interviews, I think we could still make great content by showcasing the solar technology used around campus. Dolly Omiya of the Shidler College of Business has graciously provided photos of the solar panels mounted on the Shidler building.
Photos:
here

I think with some great narrating from John Mack like in our Energy Pong video and editing, we can make the pictures work great. Right now all I can do is wait for replies and also look at other sources of information.

The main type of solar technology we we want to talk about is photovoltaic cells. I have a inkling of how it works. But as I began thinking about how to explain these concepts, it made me more worried. Narrating about how this works will not be enough.

So these are all the worries I have about the video project. I am going to work on these this week.

Solar Energy Video Research

No comments:

Post a Comment